Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Something is missing in the bedroom


When designing your perfect bedroom don't forget the accent chair. A chair in your bedroom is something often overlooked when picking out the bed, dresser and lamps. Sometimes you want to curl up in the sanctuary that is your bedroom to relax or read a book, and you don't always want to lie down. I know if I lie down on that bed I am falling asleep, which is fine if its late, but not if its only 6 pm. A chair can create an atmosphere of a full room not just a place to sleep and can facilitate conversation as opposed to immediately lying down and flipping on the TV. Be sure to pick a chair that is cute and really ties the room together to avoid it being just another place to throw your stuff. Chairs come in all shapes and sizes so you can surely find one to fit your style and space. In my city apartment I have an armless Chloe chair with pink and green stripes to accent the other colors in the room. My parents recycled a beautiful blue and white striped chair to their bedroom with blue walls after they redecorated the living room. My little brother's room recently had a makeover and went from graffiti walls to a more mature, you are about to graduate from college, wallpaper. In the midst of this crazy time in his life he needs a place to kick back and relax in style, and what better way to do that than in a chaise lounge.

4 comments:

BostonMo said...

the chair-and-a-half (aka. the cloud chair) is probably one of the most comforatable chairs out there, and would be awesome to have in the bedroom, it is a modern replacement to the chez!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you are advocating the removal of graffitti. I have been practicing in my kitchen for the day when I can recreate the infamous graffitti room.

Delaney Burns

sarah donlan said...

It's so true. A few years ago I bought a comfy chair from Circle for my bedroom. It's now my favorite place to relax in my apartment. I can chill out and watch tv or read without being in bed at 8pm!
I think the key is to pick a color that's really warm and inviting so every time you walk in your bedroom you feel happy.

BostonMo said...

hairs are a great and easy way to change up a room... say you have an awesome living room set in great shape but you are ready to change things up a bit... How about picking out a new chair with a fun and updated fabric to update the look?! Then retire an old chair from the set to abnother room or better yet, donate it to a local charity!? nothing better than being green, and charitable :-)