Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Time for Us to Say Thanks!



Tis' the season for me to get mushy - I can't help it. Trust me, I'm usually the girl that hears a Christmas song on the radio on November 15th and thinks "Oh, please! Not yet...Bah humbug". Then I see the Christmas toy commercials, or the car commercials and think "When is someone going to give me a Mercedes with a big red bow on it"? Again, bah humbug. But then... something starts creeping in right after Thanksgiving. We have our family Thanksgiving gathering, you know...eat too much, drink too much. My brothers get the kids outside to play soccer while my sister and I drink wine in peace and quiet. We laugh watching my nephew and brother perform their annual "dance-off". My mom let's go of having the house have to look perfect. We joke at the dinner table about past holiday diasters. The kids get in their feety pajamas and give us goodnight hugs. And there it is. The holiday spirit has arrived.

Since we can't always be near our families during the year, the holidays really just are a wonderful excuse to see each other, listen to each other and enjoy each other. These days are not just about giving gifts but showing the people we love that we really do appreciate them, no matter how different they are from us.

At Circle we are fortunate to be involved with another type of family, The Rodman Ride for Kids. The Rodman Ride for Kids is an umbrella matching gift charity raising funds for at-risk children in Massachusetts. Their mission is to have every child in our communities live as we would want our own kids to live. As our Charity Promotion winds down today we just want to say thank you to all our customers who donated to The Rodman Ride for Kids. We feel strongly that the annual Ride is crucial to the health and well-being of so many children in Massachusetts. So, thanks! We want YOU to know that we appreciate you!

Happy Holidays Everyone! Oh, and about that Mercedes, my favorite color is Metallic Navy, just in case you were wondering.

No comments: