Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Little Bit Country? More Rock & Roll!



Well, this girl is TIRED today! A late night hanging out at the Best Of Boston party at the super cool power station venue on Harrison Ave. Yummy drinks, tasty appetizers on a stick, funky people...definitely a recipe for a good time.

BUT THIS YEAR.....a little twist to our night. So there we were, the Circle gang, sipping pomegranate margaritas (well, chugging because of the heat!) when our beloved Queen Bee, Peggy, picks up the latest issue of Boston Magazine and sees our name on page 111. WE WON! Yes, Best of Boston "Furniture, One-Stop". Awesome. Then I read the column and I was puzzled. It seems that the writer thinks our showroom is country-cute. Really? Cuz' I'm not seeing it. If you've walked into the Cambridge showroom recently you'd see a wide range of transitional furniture. We showcase products from American Leather, BDI, Ekornes and Jesper to name a few. None of which are country-cute. We also are very proud to display hardwood furniture from New England...not thinking we'd categorize it as country, though. We try very hard to focus on just plain good design and having oodles of options for our customers.

So, this got me thinking. How would you describe Circle? We often hear from customers that they think "color" when they here our name. We agree....we love color. I'd like to think we offer something for everyone...so here's your challenge. If you've been into a Circle Furniture...let us know what you think. If not, then come on in and let us find you what you're looking for...traditional, transitional or, yes, I'm going to say it.....contemporary.

By the way, we capped off our night at one of my favorite spots, Rocca. Glass of vino in hand, sitting with my co-workers, who have truly become good friends, knowing full well we all love what we do and we're super proud to be recognized as a Best of Boston retailer. Thanks Boston Magazine! Only bummer of the night? I was so tired I forgot to order the fried cauliflower at Rocca...which should win all sorts of awards!

2 comments:

tkpleslie said...

I've been to your store several times. I agree and do NOT see your styles as "country cute" Nope-what I see is kid-friendly, fresh, fun, eco and locally made comfortable colorful furniture that fits in well with many different styles-including mine! I have one of your COMFORT sleepers from American Leather and I have a contemporary home.

It's interesting, though, that the Boston Magazine writer saw you this way. Just goes to show that we have a long way to go as an industry in terms of educating consumers as to what design elements constitute a certain "style."

Maybe a good topic for another blog post or two!

mgarabed said...

Congratulations on winning Best of Boston! You guys definitely deserve it - I've had a soft spot for Circle ever since I found the perfect TV stand for my flat-screen a while back. The store experience was great and the staff was extremely helpful. Circle has been at the top of my list for any future furniture purposes!

Can't say I understand the "country cute" thing either, of all the ways I've described the store to my friends that phrase never even entered my mind.

Anyway congratulations again on a well-deserved award!